Ellen, Lawyer
Experience:  25 years of experience helping people like you.

I am a Grandmother who needs to find out what I can do to take

I am a Grandmother who needs to find out what I can do to take care of my Grandson who is living with me and his mother visits him. I need to have legal rights so that I can get him care. His Mother has Ahcccs right now but when we had emergency trying to get help for him immediately was next to impossible. I need to know how I can share rights with my daughter so that any situation I can take care of him without trying to get my daughter

Is your daughter agreeable to giving you legal rights to her son? What is the situation with the father?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Yes my daughter is agreeable but I don't want to take her rights away. She lives with the baby's father but he cannot nor chooses to support the baby. They have another child (girl) that stays with my daughter, her mother, and the father of the children. We support my daughter while she is in school and provide money to them as well as diapers and everything the children need except a roof

You will want to file a motion for third party custody. You will need to show the court that it is the best interests of the child that you have legal custody of your grandson and the parents retain liberal visitation rights. It would be helpful if the parents joined in the motion. Based upon the agreement of all involved, the court may grant your request for custody.

You will want to retain legal counsel in your area to assist you. If that is not possible, you may be able to obtain the forms from the clerk of the courts office.