Amber E.
Amber E., Family Law Attorney
Experience:  Experienced practitioner in family law, including divorce, custody, and domestic violence cases.
17831645

what rights does a young man have that finds out that

what rights does a young man have that finds out that   a girl that he had sex with while   both on drugs gets pregnant although   she said she was taking birth control neither one are mentally able top take care of a baby and he wants to put the child up for adoption when born does he have the right to relinguish paany rights to the child
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Amber E. replied 5 years ago.
Both parents can relinquish their parental rights for purposes of having the child adopted. However, if just one parent, in this case the father, wants to terminate his rights, then he will have to file suit in court and a judge will decide if allowing him to terminate his rights is in the child's best interest. Termination of parental rights may or may not "release" the father from his financial obligation to support his child, that will be up to the court to decide.
Amber E., Family Law Attorney
Experience: Experienced practitioner in family law, including divorce, custody, and domestic violence cases.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
if the mother has been taking drugs the first 10 weeks of the pregancy can she be deemed unfit to care for the child the girl is just 18 both father and mother are either sociopaths or psycho paths and the girl is definitely bipolar possible the boy neither have held on to a job for more than a few days at time. the girl is in a very disfunctional family and the boy is in a stable family but does not accept the girl girl loves boy boy does not love girl
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
the girl has been using drugs constantly thur the first 9 weeks of pregancy. she is definitely bipolar posssible the boy is too they are either sociopaths or psychopaths neither of them can hold down a job for more than 3 or 4 days at a time. the girl is just 18 and the young man 24. the girl comes from a very disfunctional family where welfare has played a major role in that family. girls mom has three children with 3 different fathers. boy family is stable and does not accept the girl. is there any legal way of encouraging the girl to put child up for adoption there is no source of income for support of a child and no mental stability for parenting on either part
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
i kind of messed up second question and submitted it 3 times because i am unfamilar with the way just answer works. can you response to the second and fourth question? they are basically the same question just worded differently
Expert:  Amber E. replied 5 years ago.
Sure. There is no way for you to "encourage" them to give the child up for adoption, except by alerting child protection services of a problem. Once that agency investigates, if the parents are determined to be unfit, then they will take legal steps necessary to involuntarily terminate the parental rights. However, termination is a last resort. The agency as well as the court would first attempt to get the mother (and/or father) off drugs, into substance abuse treatment and parenting classes, as well as get them both medical and mental health assistance for the bipolar disorder.

If possible, the child would be placed with relatives. Otherwise, if it appears that neither parent is fit and capable of caring for the child and neither parent is making an effort to become fit and capable, then their rights would be terminated and the child would be put up for adoption without their consent.