LawTalk, Attorney and Counselor at Law
Experience:  30 years legal experience. I remain current in Family Law through regular continuing education.

I live in Colorado and my 10-year old daughter is visiting

I live in Colorado and my 10-year old daughter is visiting her father in Californina. I am schedule to pick her up next week but he is saying he will not let me take her. Neither of us have legal custody. What can I do?
Category: Family Law
Expert:  LawTalk replied 7 years ago.
Good afternoon,

I'm sorry to hear of your dilemma.

You should go to court where you live, given that your daughter resides there in CO more than she does in CA, and seek an emergency custody order. At the same time you should file for custody and child support to eliminate this from occurring in the future.

I wish you well.

Thank you very much for having allowed me to assist you. It would be greatly appreciated if you would click the green Accept icon so that I can receive credit for having assisted you.

Best regards,