socrateaser, Lawyer
Experience:  Retired (mostly)
10097515

I have Sole physical custody of my daughter and my ex-boyfriend

I have Sole physical custody of my daughter and my ex-boyfriend and i share legal custody. He is wanting to change the custody to joint. The current child custody order has been set in place since 2006.

Unless he can show clearly and convincingly that there has been a change in circumstances affecting the child's best interests, the court will politely listen to his claim and the dismiss the action.

BotXXXXX XXXXXne, somthing really bad must be going on, otherwise, no change.

Hope this helps.

Terms and Conditions: By your continuing in this conversation with me, or by your clicking “Accept”, you are expressly agreeing to all of the following: (1) our communication is for entertainment purposes only; (2) you are not consulting me in my professional capacity as an attorney; (3) you do not seek to establish an attorney-client relationship with me, nor do I with you; (4) you will not rely on anything I say and you will obtain appropriate legal counsel via a traditional/office consultation with an attorney licensed to practice in the jurisdiction where your legal issue arises (and you may not use our communication to avoid taxpayer penalties imposed by the U.S. Dept. of Treasury); (5) by communicating with me in this public forum you are irrevocably waiving any right to privacy, confidentiality and attorney-client privilege concerning the matters discussed. You further separately declare that any payment made by you is not consideration for this contract, nor offered for any services rendered by me on your behalf, but rather is made in genuine admiration and respect for my desire to help others. If you do not agree with these terms and conditions, then you must advise me immediately.