LawTalk, Attorney and Counselor at Law
Experience:  30 years legal experience. I remain current in Family Law through regular continuing education.
15277592

CHILD SUPPORT MODIFICATION I have received a pre-review

CHILD SUPPORT MODIFICATION

I have received a pre-review notice in the mail, I have been asked to surrender all my financial information within 10 business days or they will review my order based on other sources.

I am in CT, am I am tired of my greedy ex trying to live off of me.

1. The form is not ordered by the court

But my question is by law how much can they raise my order if I don't show up?
Category: Family Law
Expert:  LawTalk replied 7 years ago.
Good afternoon,

Refusing to appear, or to cooperate, in the support modification process can be calamitous for you. You have no idea what "evidence" might be submitted. If you are not there to defend against it, the sky's the limit.

For example, if your ex tells the court that you told her that you now earn $15,000 per month, and the judge goes--"Wow that great for you!-- and awards support of $3,000 a month, you may be stuck a long time before you can get a court to listen to your petition for modification.

I empathize with you, greedy ex's can be a bad dream. However, refusing to come to the table with your defense may lead to a nightmare. Play the game the best you can. But don't give up and allow your ex to win by default.

I wish you well.

Thank you very much for having allowed me to assist you. It would be greatly appreciated if you would click the green Accept icon so that I can receive credit for having assisted you.

Best regards,

Doug