LawTalk, Attorney and Counselor at Law
Experience:  30 years legal experience. I remain current in Family Law through regular continuing education.

I have MS and an in a wheelchair 24/7. My family owns a small

I have MS and an in a wheelchair 24/7. My family owns a small business, abd my husband is living with my ex-best friend (I hired her). My two sons (each from previous marriages work at the shop, she also stilll works there.    My husband has filed for divorce and has shared all details with my grown children, so they have taken sides (his), I have been unable to see my grandbabies. Do I have any legal recourse?
Category: Family Law
Expert:  LawTalk replied 7 years ago.
Good afternoon,

I'm sorry to hear of your dilemma.

What state do your grandchildren live in?

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Expert:  LawTalk replied 7 years ago.
Good afternoon,

Tennessee has very limited grandparents rights. Essentially you can only petition the courts to have visitation if :

(a) (1) (A) If a child is removed from the custody of the child's parents, guardian or legal custodian; and
(B) If a child is placed in a licensed foster home, a facility operated by a licensed child care agency, or other home or facility designated or operated by the court, whether such placement is by court order, voluntary placement agreement, surrender of parental rights, or otherwise;

I'm sorry but based on the facts as you presented them, I'm afraid that you can not force the parents of your grandchildren to allow you visitation with the grandchildren.

I wish you well.

Thank you very much for having allowed me to assist you. It would be greatly appreciated if you would click the green Accept icon so that I can receive credit for having assisted you.

Best regards,