LawTalk, Attorney and Counselor at Law
Experience:  30 years legal experience. I remain current in Family Law through regular continuing education.

Can the stipulations of a prenuptial agreement be based upon

Can the stipulations of a prenuptial agreement be based upon what may have caused the divroce or sepration ?
Category: Family Law
Expert:  LawTalk replied 7 years ago.
Good afternoon,

Absolutely, a prenuptial agreement can include such things as a penalty for a spouse who commits adultery, or for a spouse who refuses to sleep with the other spouse. These are fairly common conditions in a prenuptial agreement.

Additionally, the language in the pre-nup your fiance has proposed is entirely lawful, I'm afraid. However, in a divorce, anything he owned before marriage would be his to keep anyway.

I wish you well.

Thank you very much for having allowed me to assist you. It would be greatly appreciated if you would click the green Accept icon so that I can receive credit for having assisted you.

Best regards,