LawTalk, Attorney and Counselor at Law
Experience:  30 years legal experience. I remain current in Family Law through regular continuing education.

If a mothers rights were terminated in the state of Washington

If a mothers rights were terminated in the state of Washington 8 years ago can she allow her 16 year old son to come live her?

There is a no contact order until he is 18 years of age for both parties but he keeps insisting on communication with her and is contemplated living with her.

Should she continue communication with him as well?
Category: Family Law
Expert:  LawTalk replied 7 years ago.

Good morning,

I'm sorry to hear of your dilemma.

The no contact order is a court order, and should you choose to ignore it, you could be found in contempt and jailed. The no-contact order is not directed against your children--only you. Speaking with them is risky, but thinking of allowing your son to come live with you, you are asking for legal trouble.

I'm afraid that while it may be difficult, you should concentrate on waiting until each of your children is 18 to have contact with them

I wish you well.

Thank you very much for having allowed me to assist you. It would be greatly appreciated if you would click the green Accept icon so that I can receive credit for having assisted you.

Best regards,