Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law
Experience:  B.A.; M.B.A.; J.D.
16551887

Is there a way for me to find out the salary of my ex-husband

Is there a way for me to find out the salary of my ex-husband? He will not tell me and is paying $500 monthly for 3 children.

You have to file a Complaint for Modification of the Child Support and then request that he provide you with his financial documents including but not limited to his ten (10) most recent pay stubs, tax return for the past year. If he refuses to provide you this information, you can ask the Court to hold him in Contempt. He may then be ordered to comply with your requests or be put in jail until he complies.

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Sorry to bother you again, but I do not think I can afford an attorney to represent me in court. Are there any agencies in Maryland that can help me?

Unfortunately, without any filing in Court, you cannot obtain your ex-husband's salary information. If you think that he is not paying adequate child support, you need to file papers with the Court and request that his support be increased. In order for the Court to grant your request, your ex-husband must then provide his financial information to you and to the Court. You do not need an attorney to do this. You can ask for assistance on how to prepare these papers with Maryland Department of Human Resources, Child Support Enforcement Program:

http://www.dhr.state.md.us/csea/