Joseph, Family Law Attorney
Experience:  I have over a decade of experience as a Family Law litigator

if getting a divorce and her lawer is trying to serve me papers

if getting a divorce and her lawer is trying to serve me papers do they have to be served to me our can someone else except them without your nolage?
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Joseph replied 7 years ago.
Service can be effectuated by serving the person or certain substitutes. Acceptable substitutes could include another adult that lives in the same home or that works at the same location. So, to answer your question, no, you do not need to be personally served.

I hope you found my answer helpful. If so, please click the green ACCEPT button so that I may receive credit for my response. Your question will not close and you will be permitted to follow up, if necessary. A positive response and/or bonuses are not necessary but greatly appreciated. Thank you and good luck!
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
so if the person dont live at your home can they still except the papers without your nolage
Expert:  Joseph replied 7 years ago.
No, it can't be just any random adult that doesn't live in your home, there must be some connection between the person to be served and the person that accepts service. As to knowledge, since it must be someone with some connection, the law presumes that the documents, or "knowledge", will be passed on.