Ask Attorney & Mediator Your Own Ques...
Attorney & Mediator
Attorney & Mediator, Lawyer
Experience:  Attorney & Certified Mediator
1723468

How do you submit evidence to the court -- prior to your hearing,

Customer Question

How do you submit evidence to the court -- prior to your hearing, for a permanent restraining order? RE: Domestic Violence case in CA.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Attorney & Mediator replied 7 years ago.
You just bring them to court on the date of your hearing. You will request the court to permit you to submit your evidence at time. Make sure to have copies for the other party and the court. You don't do it prior to the hearing.

The following link explains the process for DV restraining order hearings.

http://www.courtinfo.ca.gov/selfhelp/protection/dv/whatnow.htm

_______________________________________________

Please Note: My answer or reply is limited to your facts presented and additional information you post may not come in after my reply or answer has posted, if this has occurred please let me know and I will answer further. Due to site tech reasons, oftentimes I am initially only able to see the first part of your post, so this may result in more interactions between us. There might also be a delay in my reply or answers, as I may be helping other customers, or called away from my office or have logged off. Please be assured your question(s) will be answered promptly.

Legal Disclaimer. The information given by me is not legal advice. I am not establishing an attorney-client relationship with you. I am providing only research, resources and information only for you to be informed and educated about your particular needs and my answer is limited to the facts presented. You are only paying me for such information given. No part of this disclaimer can be copied or reproduced without the express consent of the owner [lawNinvest]. Thank you.

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Is there any way that the other party (Respondent) can object to the evidence that is submitted?
Yes, if they are considered irrelevant and serve no legitimate purpose for introducing them into evidence. But if they fail to speak up, it will be admissible by the court.

Please click accept.