legaleagle, Lawyer
Experience:  Practicing attorney for 10 years

Family hardship on daughters part. Grandson has been living

Family hardship on daughter's part. Grandson has been living with me since school ended in May of 2009. Daughter consents to my guardianship and/or adoption of her son who is 16 years old. She is in the witness protection program and her address must remain confidential. School starts in August, 2009. Would like custody to be granted before then if possible. Which is easier and fastest, guardianship or adoption?
Category: Family Law
Expert:  legaleagle replied 7 years ago.
The easiest and fastest is to have her sign legal guardianship so she does not have to terminate her parental rights. Plus adoptions take longer than having a guardianship agreement drafted then signed by her.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
My problem is that her address needs to not be public information. Any way around that?
You can put your address as hers, put her address of record before she went into protective custody or put in the address blank for her, confidential. Her address does not make or break the granting of guardianship.