legaleagle, Lawyer
Experience:  Practicing attorney for 10 years

My lawyer sent a divorce decree to my wife (separated) but

My lawyer sent a divorce decree to my wife (separated) but she refuses to answer the phone or return calls. What can I do to complete this process. We've been separated for six months. We have one child, currently in her custody. Our combined income does not exceed $10,000 a month. We both live in Utah.
If she will not sign the papers your lawyer can file a motion to compel to have the court order her to appear and sign or can grant as a default since she has notice and is failing to comply.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Thank you. I had a lawyer in January but my funds have been depleted...can I do this myself?
Yes you can. Has anything been filed with the court at this time?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
The papers were typed up by a lawyer but I guess that doesn't necessarily mean it's gone through the court yet? Is there a minimum amount of separation time required for me to file a motion to compel or get a grant of default?
The petition or decree your lawyer drafted needs to be filed with the court and then send another copy to your wife giving her notice that you have filed with the court for divorce. She then has 30 days to respond or you can move for a default on your divorce and get it granted without her consent. This site is a good place to learn the process for your state so you can get the divorce without an attorney. The site even has forms if you need any.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Thank you SO MUCH!
You are welcome.