Coathom
Coathom, Lawyer
Experience:  Familiar with divorce, property distribution, custody, and child support issues.
19757355

I am in the process of being served with orders to pay child

Customer Question

I am in the process of being served with orders to pay child support. I recently received a letter in the mail regarding a proposed order for child support and in that letter it states that I have the right to object this proposed order. Does my objection need to be submitted on a legal form and does it have to be accompanied by a notarized Affidavit of Service? This is not the FINAL child support order. It is a proposed order.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Coathom replied 7 years ago.

With that letter, there should have been a "Request for Hearing" form. At this hearing you will have the opportunity to request the child support order be modified.

You may find this link helpful. There are no indications that you have to get a notarized Affidavit, but the Request for Hearing may state on the document itself that the signature must be notarized.

Hope this helps. Let me know if you have any further questions.