Ask Attorney & Mediator Your Own Ques...

Attorney & Mediator
Attorney & Mediator, Lawyer
Experience:  Attorney & Certified Mediator
1723468

2008/ Restraining Order was issued by family court 2009 Feb

2008/ Restraining Order was issued by family court
2009 Feb / Restraining Order was issued by criminal court
Mar/ Divorce paper was filed by husband
april / counseling was ordered to husband by court house
May / Criminal court for husband/ guilty 2 years probation
        (Restraining order was issued for 3 years to husband)
Jun 25,2009/ family court mediation for visitation( he wants more)
                    familycourt suspended child supervised visitaton for husband

I had 2 problem, one is divorce, one was child visitation. Judge suspended visitation.
So, can I move to another city even I have divore case. I want hide all my ID. I am going to go to shelter untill divorce final. I have sole custody, no restrict relocation.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Attorney & Mediator replied 5 years ago.
Yes, you can move to another city, while you still handle your divorce case in the present city. There is no need to get his consent since you have sole custody. Only time you would need court permission would be if you were relocating to another state, but not when moving to another city.

_______________________________________________

Please Note: My answer or reply is limited to your facts presented and additional information you post may not come in after my reply or answer has posted, if this has occurred please let me know and I will answer further. Due to site tech reasons, oftentimes I am initially only able to see the first part of your post, so this may result in more interactions between us. There might also be a delay in my reply or answers, as I may be helping other customers, or called away from my office or have logged off. Please be assured your question(s) will be answered promptly.

Legal Disclaimer. The information given by me is not legal advice. I am not establishing an attorney-client relationship with you. I am providing only research, resources and information only for you to be informed and educated about your particular needs and my answer is limited to the facts presented. You are only paying me for such information given. No part of this disclaimer can be copied or reproduced without the express consent of the owner [lawNinvest]. Thank you.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Thank you for your answer. i am worried if he file for restrict relocation another few day. and can he file motion of visitaion again near future, then I am not in this city, can he file? I mean I have to tell the court my new adress for divorce thing, he still file for it, even I am not living the city?
He can file in the future only if he can prove that visitation would be in the child's best interests. There would need to be new evidence to permit a visitation hearing. A suspension would be difficult to change without good reason to grant it.

So long as he is still living in the city where he plans to file, you don't need to live in that city. There would need to be some address where you can be served the paperwork for him to be able to file. You can keep your own address confidential, but an address for service of process would be necessary such as a family member of maybe even a p.o. box, you would need to ask the local court clerk as to what is acceptable.

Attorney & Mediator, Lawyer
Experience: Attorney & Certified Mediator
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Thank you. I am DV victim, vawa approved. I will get GC in a few months. after divorce complete, I will go back to own country. So, if I will be accepted to relocate to my country, after that I am goig to come back to the US. another city. So, i want to remove everythng my husband know about me. so can i do that?
Sorry, I am not understanding your question, what are you planning to do?

Thanks
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I am sorry I was so tired last night. I couldn't think abot my problem in English. so thank you so much for now.Smile