legaleagle
legaleagle, Lawyer
Experience:  Practicing attorney for 10 years
4622441

I need info regarding an annulment, I need to know if I can

Customer Question

I need info regarding an annulment, I need to know if I can file this by myself? Where to get the forms? How to file? Marriage date 7/7/08. He is in Jail for aggrivated stalking of his exwife. Threts of her life and a long list of history which I did not now of until now. He DID threten me and my family. He stole from me, and used his position for his own personal gain. I need to be safe. The Bank is now taking my home of 15 years. while he getsout of jail early. Jan 2010...
Please advise me... tks. CB [email protected]
XXX-XXX-XXXX
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Daniel Solutions replied 7 years ago.
In what state do you live?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Michigan
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
MICHIGAN Wen can you callme? XXX-XXX-XXXX...
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Expert:  legaleagle replied 7 years ago.
Michigan does provide for certain grounds for an annulment such as a party having a current spouse, one of the parties not being of sufficient age, being mentally incompetency, having venereal disease, or being sterile or impotent. There are other grounds as well such as a marriage entered into as a joke or in jest. It has been held that a concealed intent at the time of marriage not to have sexual intercourse constitutes sufficient grounds for an annulment. But in your case it does not sound like you meet the criteria for an annulment and you must file for divorce. Annulments are not graned simply based on the length of a marriage.