Jack R.
Jack R., Family Law Attorney
Experience:  OH/TX Mediator and Attorney dealing with Family, Child, and Divorce Law

my wife and I are are legally seperated. She has since taken

my wife and I are are legally seperated. She has since taken a new job out of state. in this process she has taken the 2008 toyota tacoma that i have title to. What are my options ?
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Jack R. replied 7 years ago.

If you are legally separtaed then the titled property is yours. You have a options

1) you can call your wife and ask her to return the vehicle.

2)You can file an action for contempt of court since she has violated the court ordered property settlement ( you will need to get the order enforced in the new state),

3) you can file an action for replevin in the state where you wife went to to get possession back.

4) you can simply go to the state and take the car back ( you should get local law enforcement to assist you).

5) you may aslo be able to report the car stolen ( a little drastic since you have chosen to stay married)

If you found this answer informative please press ACCEPT so I may get credit for my response.

This communication is not intended as legal advice. A local attorney should always be consulted for legal advice. No client/attorney relationship is intended or created by this communication.