How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask John Domestic Your Own Question
John Domestic
John Domestic, Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 4631
Experience:  Over 13 years of Experience in Family Law.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
John Domestic is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

If you have never been late and sometimes by early on your

Customer Question

If you have never been late and sometimes by early on your monthly child support, can you be taken back just to start having it payroll deducted? And how is it determined? The same amount of child support or by what you make?
Submitted: 7 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  John Domestic replied 7 years ago.

Child support is determined by what you make. The amount and the way in which payments are made can be revisited from time to time if there has been "a change in circumstances." A change in circumstance would have occured if you were late or if you are making more or less money, if your ex spouse is making more or less money.


If circumstances have changed since the last child support order the judge can revisit that order at this time.


BTW: Payroll deduction or payment through an agency like child support enforcement is sometimes good for you as it insures a paper trail and so that you cannot be accused of paying late in the future.