Jack R.
Jack R., Family Law Attorney
Experience:  OH/TX Mediator and Attorney dealing with Family, Child, and Divorce Law

In VA if a married person buys real estate property with an

In VA if a married person buys real estate property with an unrelated party (and not in a corporation), then files for a divorce, is the spouse entitled to any portion of that real estate?
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Jack R. replied 7 years ago.

If you purchased the property while married, and if the property was purcashed with money earned during marriage, your spouse owns 1/2 of what you own.

If you found this answer informative please press ACCEPT so I may get credit for my response.

This communication is not intended as legal advice. A local attorney should always be consulted for legal advice. No client/attorney relationship is intended or created by this communication.