RayAnswers, Lawyer
Experience:  30 years as a family law lawyer .

Should I object to referral of General Magistrate

Customer Question

Ordered by judge6/16, I have 10 days. My 16 yr old daughter wants to be heard as all allegations towards me are about her made by her father.Whats my next step? I am "non lawyer". How can I discover if her fathers lawyer is calling witnesses? What is my best defense against 'Hearsay"?
I live in Florida, Brevard County
Category: Family Law
Expert:  RayAnswers replied 7 years ago.
Thanks for your question. This is simple. Call the other lawyer and ask and offer to exchange witness lists.You are pro se so act as your own lawyer so call and seek to discover such information here before hearing.

Ask about exchanging exhibits and any other pretrial matters.Don't be afraid here to call and ask questions. This is what your lawyer does for $200 an hour. Why not try here, if nothing else you are running up their bill.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.

what about not consenting to the order if my daughter can not be heard? she is the issue,(divorceed 2/08), order as shared custody....he has a live in paramor who has consistantly interfered with their relationship to the point she does not want to go there.

Much more to the story. I just dont want to be standing there by myself with both of them telling untruths and I can not defend myself for my daughter.

I only have till the 26th to answer the order,WHAT SHOUL I DO? WHATS MY NEXT STEP.

You always want to answer in writing here and deny. You bring any and all witnesses that you have here to present in the matter.All you can do really is contest and present your side and see how it turns out here.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.

What happens after I deny?

Well by responding you then have a right to notice and to contest any and all issues at hearing. You also may enter into stipulations with the other lawyer here, make sure that you agree either in writing or on the record in front of the judge to protect yourself.Good luck here..