RayAnswers, Lawyer
Experience:  30 years as a family law lawyer .

my husband threaten to kill my dogs, because I threw away his

my husband threaten to kill my dogs, because I threw away his ladyfriend's coat I found in the car last night. Also threaten not to pay for our daughters wedding on 7/4/09. We will be married 27 yr. on 7/01/09. He says he works on weekends, but I guess he isn't, he controls money, what to buy. He has put a fist to my face this yr. Didn't want my daughter to know so I took a wk vac. from wk. stay away from friends? He is black belt in karate?
Thanks for your question. You have the right to community property divorce here including spousal support. If you can wait until after the wedding use your time to plan the divorce and other issues to get out here.

I think that you have the right idea here to find a lawyer and try to lay low until after the wedding. This isn't uncommon that people split after their kids get married here.

The lawyer may discuss getting a domestic violence order/restraining order in this situation as well. This would protect you from violence in the matter and get you possession of the house/ living quarters during the divorce. I wish you good luck here..