RayAnswers, Lawyer
Experience:  30 years as a family law lawyer .

My husband lost his job in December and filed a Motion to Modify

My husband lost his job in December and filed a Motion to Modify Child Support (reduce it) and won. The judge reduced the support form $780 to $353 and granted it retroactive to March 1, 2009. The AG’s office REFUSES to acknowledge this signed order and continues to take $780 from his unemployment. It is our understanding that overpayment will be applied to future payments and if that is the case, we only owe $202 in child support since we have overpaid $1,281 and he turns 18 on October 6, 2009. Do we need to file a Motion to Show Cause to light a fire under the AG’s office and get this resolved and are there any other document we need to file to terminate child support. If we have to sue the mother for the overpayment, we might as well just kiss that money%
Category: Family Law
Expert:  RayAnswers replied 7 years ago.

Yes you need to file motion to show cause here because of their failure. They should end this at age 18 or high school graduation but it wouldn't hurt to write a letter the month prior. Never trust these guys. They are so totally inempt . I get complaints from everybody here in Texas.

Get this in front of the judge here and you will prevail. They should pay your lawyer fees as well here if you have to hire one. This is truly ridiculous and I am sorry you have to go through all of this. I hope the judge seriously lectures them here as they are in the wrong. They may corrct this once you file here because I see no legal basis at all for their actions. I wish you good luck..