RayAnswers
RayAnswers, Lawyer
Experience:  30 years as a family law lawyer .
8534270

I need assistance with a child support issue. I share custody

I need assistance with a child support issue. I share custody with father 50/50. The county that the father lives in wants to charge me with child support to cover a medical card, even though I have had a medical card in my state since the child was born.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  RayAnswers replied 7 years ago.
Thanks for your question. You will have to resolve this with them If you supply them with a card here maybe they resolve. I am not sure that the child can use your card out of state but this would be critical that it would work there. But to me this whould be negotiable if you supply proof to them. Otherwise you couold argue about it with the judge here..
Thanks for your question. You will have to resolve this with them If you supply them with a card here maybe they resolve. I am not sure that the child can use your card out of state but this would be critical that it would work there. But to me this would be negotiable if you supply proof to them. Otherwise you could argue about it with the judge here..

You can dispute this here if your card would be valid in the state where the child is residing. So write the judge here if all else fails and contest the matter..