JPEsq.
JPEsq., Lawyer
Experience:  Published articles on family law, featured in several publications for successful trial work.
14397910

My childrens fathers boss is being depod by my lawyer regarding

Customer Question

My childrens fathers boss is being depo'd by my lawyer regarding the business and his wages. What are some good questions to ask?
Their father owned the company and then sold it to his mother and not for what it is worth. He sold it to her for very cheap. We believe that he is getting paid under the table and that she is paying his finances. So he can claim that he does not make that much and does not have to pay that much for child support.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  JPEsq. replied 5 years ago.
You want to pain them into a corner, where they have no choice but to tell the truth. <br /><br />Some questions would be: <br /><br />What are you paying son? Did you give him $X on X date? What was that money for? If a gift are you expecting to continue giving the gifts at regualr intervals? How much do you pay your other employees? What was the basis for the purchase price of the business? How much do you pay yourself? How much did you son earn prior ot the sale of the business? Does your son have any ownership interest in the business? What are his responsibilities? Do you a person with his responsibilities should earn less or more? Do you understand the penalties for perjury? Do you understand you can go to jail for failing to tell the truth here today? Do you take taxes from him check? How much does the business earn per year? <br /><br />Basically, you want to paint the picture through your questions that this arrangement is a sham. All teh better if he has a high responsibility job, or there are other employess that are paid differently. You can ask whatever you want in a depo, it doesnt even have to be relevant. So ask whatever financial questions will help you get a clear picture of his cut. <br />

Put her in a predicament of sayiong either son is too dumb to make any money or she is underpaying him. Ask why she doesnt pay him more. Ask does she not think he is capable.
JPEsq., Lawyer
Experience: Published articles on family law, featured in several publications for successful trial work.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Sorry, I past the feedback. Thank you for this answer, it will help me quit a bit. If I were a teacher and I were to grade you, you would get an A+. Thank you.
Expert:  JPEsq. replied 5 years ago.
No problem, good luck... let me know if you need anything else.

Just now noticed all the typos in my first post, sorry... I really can spell, just can't type very well!