RayAnswers, Lawyer
Experience:  30 years as a family law lawyer .

Hi, how do I officially file with the county court Please

Hi, how do I officially file with the county court? Please be specific.

Is there a charge - if so, how much? Do I need to file in person, or can I fax or mail in my request to the specific court? Based on what I've been told so far, I'm told that I should file a "Notice of Filing" (but without the actual documents) for the discovery documents that I'm sending to my ex's attorney. I think I need to give them 30 days to respond, so am trying to get this out the door asap while I am looking for legal counsel. Thanks in advance!
Category: Family Law
Expert:  RayAnswers replied 7 years ago.
Thanks for your question. You can either mail it in or file in person at the county courthouse here. You need to contact the County Clerk and ask about fees and whether a personal check is accpetable here since you aren't a lawyer. They will tell you how much and who to make out the check to if you are mailing it in. Usually there is not a fee here for Notice of Filing but it never hurts to ask first..