P. Simmons, Lawyer
Experience:  16 yrs. of experience including family law.

If an attorney over bills you on your case, and double charges

If an attorney over bills you on your case, and double charges you, when the moment he/she puts a stamp on the envelope, will it becomes a federal offence? this is in New Jersey, and why I ask, I got that from the movie "The Firm" is that part is true? Thanks
Under the Constitution's supremacy Clause, federal statutes have supremacy over state the Feds can assert jurisdiction if they choose. Think for example in California...Marijuana use is illegal under both federal and state law. In California the state allows use for medical purposes, but the Fed does not recognize the feds can (and have) asserted jurisdiction in several cases.

So, if there is a crime and IF the feds want jurisdiction, they can take it.

Please let me know if you have further questions; if so I will do my best to answer them. If not please hit the accept button, its the only way I get credit for my work.