RayAnswers
RayAnswers, Lawyer
Experience:  30 years as a family law lawyer .
8534270

My daughters father (non custodial parent) has filed and order

My daughter's father (non custodial parent) has filed and order to stop her from attending a school sponsored camp (The Road Less Traveled). She will be flying from Chicago to Seattle and has never been on a plane before. She is a 15 year old honor student and was picked to attend leadership training for 34 days. Will Illinois law allow her dad stop her from taking the trip. We were never married and he spends about five to six days out of a year with my daughter.
Thanks for your question. Sympathy for the situation. I cannot see a court finding that not taking the trip would be in the child's best interests. The facts here supprot allowing her to go as this is beneficial to her.

I think the court will dismiss this real quick. Sorry I don't see any merit to his side here. It is an educational trip and she is an honor student. Why woudl a judge deny a child a trip like this. I don't think he has any equity or merit to his isde here he is being petty. I am sorry he is making you and the child go through this here.
Thanks for your question. Sympathy for the situation. I cannot see a court finding that not taking the trip would be in the child's best interests. The facts here support allowing her to go as this is beneficial to her.

I think the court will dismiss this real quick. Sorry I don't see any merit to his side here. It is an educational trip and she is an honor student. Why woudl a judge deny a child a trip like this. I don't think he has any equity or merit to his side here he is being petty. I am sorry he is making you and the child go through this here.