Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, 17 years legal experience including family law

17 Year old in Louisiana can be mandated to livep a certian

17 Year old in Louisiana can be mandated to livep a certian place by law. If so how can 17 year old get the rights to live where they want or do so without getting themselves in trouble or people in trouble where they choose to live? Also if they leave and picked up and brought back what happens if they keep leaving?
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Tina replied 7 years ago.
Thank you for contacting our JA team for guidance.

The 17 year old will continue to be picked up and returned home until they are 18 years old or determined to be emancipated by a court of law. This does not appear to be a case where a court would find the minor to be emancipated, however.

If there is abuse or neglect, the dept. of family services should be contacted.

Please let me know if you need additional information.

Best regards,

Please press the "accept" button so I may be credited and paid for my time when I have answered your question. I am available to answer follow-up questions or to clarify this answer. Positive feedback or a bonus is always appreciated. Thank you very much.

NOTE: Sometimes we receive your question before we receive your additional "optional information". If my answer does not appear to consider your optional information, please let me know as I was probably not able to view it when your question was first received.