Ask Attorney & Mediator Your Own Ques...
Attorney & Mediator
Attorney & Mediator, Lawyer
Experience:  Attorney & Certified Mediator
1723468

I have been in a 2 year litigation with my x husband over

I have been in a 2 year litigation with my x husband over our assets and liabilities. The outcome is not at all what I had exoected. How often are these type of rulings amended or changed? During the litigation we filed over 5 motions to sale the marital hiome. The judge NEVER enforced his orders therefore I have a huge balance with a local lawye and essentially nothing has changed. What should I do? I efuse to continue playing this game with my x husband.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Attorney & Mediator replied 7 years ago.
To answer your question, they are rarely changed. Once the court has ruled, that is the final decision. You can attempt to appeal if you find the court was biased or failed to apply the correct application of law, but that is unlikely to overturn the decision and would just delay matters. The best way to resolve these issues would be to a settlement, but once you have the court decide the decision is final and nothing else can be done. These rules are not subject to changes unless the court specifically provides that a modification is in the future is permitted, which in reality is not permitted unless it is for issues of child support or spousal support that has been awarded.

Please click accept, it is greatly appreciated.

_______________________________________________

Please Note: My answer or reply is limited to your facts presented and additional information you post may not come in after my reply or answer has posted, if this has occurred please let me know and I will answer further. Due to site tech reasons, oftentimes I am initially only able to see the first part of your post, so this may result in more interactions between us. There might also be a delay in my reply or answers, as I may be helping other customers, or called away from my office or have logged off. Please be assured your question(s) will be answered promptly.

If I have been helpful, please click Accept for my time and research, this is the only way I get paid. If you need more help or clarification, please click reply. Positive Feedback is greatly appreciated and reciprocated. Feedback should relate to customer service and not about the law, which I have no control over. You can always request me through my profile here or beginning your question with “Attention lawNinvest” Thank you.

Legal Disclaimer. The information given by me is not legal advice. I am not establishing an attorney-client relationship with you. I am providing only research, resources and information only for you to be informed and educated about your particular needs and my answer is limited to the facts presented. You are only paying me for such information given. No part of this disclaimer can be copied or reproduced without the express consent of the owner [lawNinvest]. Thank you.