Ask Attorney & Mediator Your Own Ques...

Attorney & Mediator
Attorney & Mediator, Lawyer
Experience:  Attorney & Certified Mediator
1723468

My S and O states the non custodial parent shall have two weeks

My S and O states the non custodial parent shall have two weeks uninterrupted time in June and July with our child. I have given him prior notice of a 4H event in June and also another in July. The time he wants would not allow our daughter to participate but if he changed his request by a couple days,he would still have a 14 day time in both months and our daughter could do her shows. Is this a first come first served sort of thing or can I make the demand that she shows in the events and his time works around it.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Attorney & Mediator replied 5 years ago.
You would need to follow the court orders by the letter. If he is to get two weeks uninterrupted, then he gets them uninterrupted and it does not work around her events. Only if your S and O stated that her activities would take precedence before his visitation would you be able to demand that she go to the shows, but if no provisions were made for these events, then dad gets them uninterrupted.

Any changes to the S & O would require going back to court for judicial consideration.

_______________________________________________

Please Note: My answer or reply is limited to your facts presented and additional information you post may not come in after my reply or answer has posted, if this has occurred please let me know and I will answer further. Due to site tech reasons, oftentimes I am initially only able to see the first part of your post, so this may result in more interactions between us. There might also be a delay in my reply or answers, as I may be helping other customers, or called away from my office or have logged off. Please be assured your question(s) will be answered promptly.

Legal Disclaimer. The information given by me is not legal advice. I am not establishing an attorney-client relationship with you. I am providing only research, resources and information only for you to be informed and educated about your particular needs and my answer is limited to the facts presented. You are only paying me for such information given. No part of this disclaimer can be copied or reproduced without the express consent of the owner [lawNinvest]. Thank you.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Per the S&O " The parties agree that the child's extracurricular activities are of paramount concern and that they shall make all reasonable accomodations to ensure that the child participate in her activities during their respective custodial times." By changing a few days at the start of his two weeks or the end of his two weeks our daughter could go to fair and he would still have a two week uninterruptrd time share.Do I take this to court or do you believe that sharing this part of the S&O would be sufficient if he pushed things?
Thank for the additional information, if those are the exact words of your S&O then he cannot push things, the child would be able to go to her activities as he has agreed that her activities will take priority during his visitation schedule. If he acts contrary to this agreement you would be able to enforce by filing a contempt action. Right now there is no need to go to court over this, the language is clear that she is to go to her activities even if they land on his days.

Attorney & Mediator, Lawyer
Experience: Attorney & Certified Mediator
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Thank you !