WALLSTREETESQ
WALLSTREETESQ, Lawyer
Experience:  10 years experience, AFL-CIO UNION PLUS, UFT LAWYER FOR FAMILY, IMMIGRATION AND CRIMINAL LAW
16356563

If i have sole legal and physical custody of my son then do

If i have sole legal and physical custody of my son then do i have to ask the court and or his mother before i can move him out of the state?
Category: Family Law
Expert:  WALLSTREETESQ replied 7 years ago.
YES, AS THE MOVING OF THE CHILD WOULD INTERFERE WITHT HE MOTHERS VISITATION RIGHTS. EVEN THOUGH YOU HAVE FULL CUSTODY, UNLESS THE ORDER STATES SPECIFICALLY YOU CAN MOVE THE CHILD OUT OF STATE YOU WOULD HAVE TO GET COURT PERMISSION.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Even if the stipulation states that visitation is up to both parties to mutually agree on? If i don't agree   , it don't happen?
EVEN IF YOU DO NOT MAKE A LEGAL CLAIM IN AN ADOPTION PROCEEDING THE PARENTS HAVE TO BE SERVED PERSONALLY OF THE PROCEEDING AND THEIR PERMISSION IS NEEDED.