legaleagle, Lawyer
Experience:  Practicing attorney for 10 years

I have court ordered child support that is supposed to be paid

I have court ordered child support that is supposed to be paid through the clearing house over 5 years ago when my daughter was 4. He never pays. I do not want to file an order to enforce because he may try to enforce existing visitation guidelines that he has never cared to follow, however, may make an issue out of to create problems. My daughter would not want to spend that much time with him. At what age does the court take into consideration the feelings/wants of the child in terms of visitation?
Category: Family Law
Expert:  legaleagle replied 7 years ago.

Usually once a child is 13 or older the child's wishes are taken into considertion in regard to custody and visitation. If you enforce the support now, he has no counter claim about visitation since he is the one not exersising his rights and you could get his visitation terminated when you get the support enforced since he is not making his scheduled visits.

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
is this specific to az or just general info?   If this will cost me again and counts as another question no need to respond- also have questions regarding a clarification about his not exersising his rights and how debatable that would be in court.

It is specific to AZ. You only have to click accept once so you are only charged once.

Since he has moved out of state it may be important if he is so far away that he can not make his visits as allowed under the order. It would be your word against his as to if you stopped him from visiting or he decided not to visit on his own.