RayAnswers, Lawyer
Experience:  30 years as a family law lawyer .

Hi I and my wife live separate for 8 years Our Sun 18 Wife

I and my wife live separate for 8 years
Our Sun 18 Wife live with sun in Charlotte,NC
i live in NY
How long I have to pay child support?
Sun finish high school in 2008
Category: Family Law
Expert:  RayAnswers replied 7 years ago.
Thanks for your question. Child support terminates when the child is emancipated or reaches the age of 18, whichever occurs first, except: if the child is still in primary or secondary school when the child reaches age 18, support payments shall continue until the child graduates, otherwise ceases to attend school on a regular basis, fails to make satisfactory academic progress towards graduation, or reaches age 20, whichever comes first, unless the court in its discretion orders that payments cease at age 18 or prior to high school graduation.

So if he graduates here your suport ends the month of graduation or when he turns 19 whichever is later.Your support should have ended here when he graduated so you don't have to pay anymore here..

Thank you and please click accept so that I may be paid for my answer to you. Thank you for using Just Answer.

Legal Disclaimer: The information given by me is for informational/research use only and you are paying me only for such information. The information contained herewith is not legal advice and by rendering such information there is no formation of an attorney-client relationship. I also do not claim to be licensed to practice in the state where this information is being provided. I strive to provide quality information, but I make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained in or linked herein and it's associated sites. As law is always changing, you are advised to speak with legal counsel for accurate information.