Daniel Solutions
Daniel Solutions, Divorce Lawyer
Experience:  Practicing Attorney for over 15 years
5180018

I live in the State of Illinois. My ex-husband (and father

I live in the State of Illinois. My ex-husband (and father of my two kids) is being released from prison from a class X felony (meth manufacturing). He has made a choice to be paroled in the State of Tennessee with his wife (also felon for drugs) instead of his home state of Illinois. He is being released in July and is threatening that he is going to take me to court to have a full month of unsupervised visitation in the State of Tennessee. (He has not seen his kids in over 4 years, even before he went to prison). Is this a real possibility that this will be granted by the courts?
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Daniel Solutions replied 7 years ago.
Thank you for the information. Though no attorney can predict what will happen, I seriously doubt your exhusband will obtain the month of unsupervised visitation with the children in TN since he and his wife have recently done jail time for drugs.
It may be possible he would receive some supervised visitation with the children if he wishes. The court may eventually move towards the unsupervised visitation with the children as they get older and he has spent time with them to become familiar as well as be able to show she is no longer involved in drugs.