How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Samuel II Your Own Question
Samuel II
Samuel II, Attorney at Law
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 27010
Experience:  General practice of law with emphasis in family law.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Samuel II is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

my son is in a behavioral hospital am irequired to pay child

This answer was rated:

my son is in a behavioral hospital am irequired to pay child support while he is in there this is the second one in 2 years first it was(shadow MOUntain) in Tulsa OK now its (willow crest) in Miami OK his date of birth is 6/17/95 I have been paying since January 98



you are required to pay as per the court child support order, if there are no stipulations that child support should cease if hospitalized, etc -


your option is to file for a modification in the court that ordered it to be paid. you see child support is paid to a parent, not a child, per se. and while the child is away, there are still living expenses that need to be covered. but a modifcation might be in order since the child is not eating food at home, etc -


good luck with everything.

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
what about my incarceration in texas department of corrections for 21 months did my child support go up 21x $419 a month ?



i am not clear on your question. however, the law is if you are under court order, you must obey such order until it is changed in some fashion. i do not make the laws. i can only tell you how they work.

Samuel II and 3 other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you