Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, 17 years legal experience including family law

According to az law, if your name is misspelled on your marriage

According to az law, if your name is XXXXX XXXXX your marriage license are you legally married?
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Tina replied 7 years ago.
Thank you for contacting our JA team for guidance.

Yes. You would still be legally married. However, you should contact the vital records department and inquire as to how to get this information corrected. They may want a certified copy of your birth certificate and additional records.

Please let me know if you need additional information.

Best regards,

Please press the "accept" button so I may be credited and paid for my time when I have answered your question. I am available to answer follow-up questions or to clarify this answer. Positive feedback or a bonus is always appreciated. Thank you very much.

NOTE: Sometimes we receive your question before we receive your additional "optional information". If my answer does not appear to consider your optional information, please let me know as I was probably not able to view it when your question was first received.