Ellen, Lawyer
Experience:  25 years of experience helping people like you.
9968427

Biological Mother lost custody of young child w/ Autism. Father

Customer Question

Biological Mother lost custody of young child w/ Autism. Father was awarded sole custody. Mother is allowed visitation EOW - no weekdays. Mother was court ordered to get a 40 hour a week job & pay CS as well as 50% of any medical out-of-pocket expenses. Mother refuses to pay out-of-pocket expenses. Father took mother back to court, judge told Mother to pay. Still refuses to pay. Father & Mother met w/ Mother & Atty. to discuss a plan. Mother still refuses to pay. Is mother in contempt since this was part of the original ruling that took place May 2007. What can father do?
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Ellen replied 7 years ago.

Mother appears to be in contempt of court.

Generally speaking, when someone violates the court orders they are considered to be in contempt of court. To enforce your rights you will need to file a motion for contempt (may also be called an motion to show cause). In that motion you indicate what the orders are and how she has violated them.

You can typically pick the forms up at the clerk of the court's office and file them yourself.

I hope that the information which I provided was helpful to you.