LawTalk, Attorney and Counselor at Law
Experience:  30 years legal experience. I remain current in Family Law through regular continuing education.

My ex-wife is the custodial parent and our original agreement

My ex-wife is the custodial parent and our original agreement was that we each would have the kids 50% of the time. There was no support awarded as our incomes were very close and we both would have the kids equal time. My ex-was suppose to maintain health care and I was to maintain premium dental care. We both were to maintain a reseidence in Monroe County, Illinois. In October of last year she has moved to Missouri and sees the kids 2 to 2 1/2 hours two days a week. She additionally sees them one day of the weekend one week and then 2 days on the weekend the next week. That only applies if my son is not playing baseball. My ex is no longer supplying health care coverage for my kids wich I have picked up and have asked her to pay for. She agreed to do that as it is cheaper for me to do that but she is now behind some $500+. I am just wondering what my options are as the kids now live with me nearly 100% of the time along with my ex not adhearing to what the agreement states.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  LawTalk replied 7 years ago.
Good morning,

I'm sorry to hear of your dilemma.

You are entitled to child support at this point, as well as probably financial assistance with the medical expenses for your children.

You will need to file a petition with the court for modification of child support, to include medical coverage expenses.

You can also ask that the court order that her wages be garnished for the support, given her reluctance to pay regularly now.

I wish you the best.

Thank you very much for having allowed me to assist you. It would be greatly appreciated if you would click the green Accept icon so that I can receive credit for having assisted you.

Best regards,