hocuspocusme
hocuspocusme, USA Legal
Experience:  If you are satisfied, please press the accept button so I will be paid for my time and services.
12871787

Have waited over 16 months for husband to sign separation agreement

Have waited over 16 months for husband to sign separation agreement fairly prepared by my collaborative lawyer. Still refusing to sign. Can I leave the matrimonial home, rent, not pay any bills on the matrimonial home (can't afford both), and start the parenting plan of shared custody (which he has no issues with) and NOT lose my half value of the home? I have spent $8,000.00 in legal fees only to have no resolution. Please advise.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  hocuspocusme replied 7 years ago.
If you have not agreed to pay the matrimonial home and bills then you can vacate the home, but remember that if the home goes into foreclosure, both of you are still responsible for the reprocussions associated with that dilemma. You both can still have your share of the community property as well as the debts.