RayAnswers, Lawyer
Experience:  30 years as a family law lawyer .

I am a 100% disabled veteran (korean conflict-rank SFC) what

I am a 100% disabled veteran (korean conflict-rank SFC) what benefits does my wife get when I die ? My concern is financial as we have not been able to build any retirement plans etc.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  RayAnswers replied 7 years ago.
Thanks for your question.There are a number of VA benefits for widows. The most frequently applied for is known as the death pension, or widow's pension. This benefit is paid to low or marginal income widows (disability is not a factor), and is dependent upon the amount of other income, net worth, and out-of-pocket medical expenses. Your Widow would definitely work through the Veterans Service Office to apply.

Dependency and Indemnity Compensation (DIC), nursing home care, Veterans Nursing Home eligibility, home loan guarantee, and educational benefits. See you local VA office for additional details and assistance. These will certainly be available to her in the event of your demise.