Roger, Attorney
Experience:  BV Rated by Martindale-Hubbell; SuperLawyer rating by Thompson-Reuters

i live in texas, i need to file a motion for an extension in

i live in texas, i need to file a motion for an extension in arkansas, how do i go about this? can i file the paper with a court here in texas, or do i have to drive to arkansas to do this? what is the fastest way?

You need to contact the court administrator for the court your case is in in Arkansas and tell her/him that you want to request a continuance.

You're going to have to file a form, which the court clerk should have. You can fill out teh form and mail it to the court from Texas.

Customer: replied 7 years ago.

will the form be mailed to me? or can i pick up a copy here in texas? what about my time crunch? it says i have 31 days to file my answer, i recieved the papers aroud april 2

You should be able to get it online, or have them email/fax a copy to you. You better get it done today!

If nothing else, just type up a simple "Motion for Extension", and just do a one line sentence that says:

Comes now the Defendant ___________________ (your name) and requests a 30 day extension of time to respond to the complaint filed against him.

_______________________ (sign).

Fax this to the court clerk today.

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
i typed a simple motion for extension, it looks pretty good, what do i do with it now, just fax it to the court clerk and they will consider me answered today?

Fax a copy to the court clerk and the other party. Put the original in the mail to the court clerk.

This will prevent a default judgment from being filed against you. The court should award the extension. Even if the court doesn't, you're entitled to at least a 3 day notice before a judgment is entered against you. That would give you enough time to get to Arkansas to defend the matter.