Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, 17 years legal experience including family law
4460311

How can I enroll a court order from IL in the State of Texas

Customer Question

How can I enroll a court order from IL in the State of Texas? I have been a resident in the State of TX for more than an year now. I am the sole custodian parent of a 5 years old daughter - How much that would cost me? Can I do it myself?
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Tina replied 8 years ago.
Thank you for contacting our JA team for guidance.

Yes. You should be able to do it yourself and there should be a small fee for registering the out of state order. Contact the clerk of the court for the local family court for assistance in getting the order registered. If it concerns child support, the state child support enforcement agency may also be able to assist you.

Please let me know if you need additional information.

Best regards,

TG

Please press the "accept" button so I may be credited for my time when I have answered your question. I am available to answer follow-up questions or to clarify this answer. Thank You.