soloprac, Family Law Attorney
Experience:  Five years of exclusive practice in family law including but not limited to mediation and trial.

when preparing documentations for a divorce how far should

Customer Question

when preparing documentations for a divorce how far should I go? (paychecks, bills, etc) . Am I to collect at least 6 months worth of information?
Category: Family Law
Expert:  soloprac replied 7 years ago.

What is the purpose of your collection of these documents and what state are you in?

Customer: replied 7 years ago.

filing for divorce, I'm in Florida

Expert:  soloprac replied 7 years ago.

I would start with, at a minimum, 6 months of information. If you feel that you need more to prove your point then by all means include more information. But you need to show a pattern, or lack thereof, and the only way you are going to be able to do that is to show it through documented information.

Customer: replied 7 years ago.

I thought I would need the information for child support purpose or alimony?

Expert:  soloprac replied 7 years ago.
You will need it to document any claims that you have involving any monetary claim - misappropriation of marital funds, income of spouse, etc. You will most definately need it for child support purposes and/or alimony purposes also.