Family Law Answers
Family Law Answers, Family Law Attorney
Experience:  more than 16 years experience as an attorney - current family law litigation + mediation practice

Hello, I am divorced. I have been living with my boyfriend

Hello, I am divorced. I have been living with my boyfriend for 9 months and he is married.He and his wife are now getting a divorce. I want to know what are the laws in Missouri, concerning adultery? What should I exspect?

Hi and thanks for your question.

Adultery is no longer illegal in Missouri and the Missouri courts no longer recognize tort claims that could have possibly previously been brought against you by his soon to be ex, called "alienation of affection" or "criminal conversation." You should not have to worry about being sued by his soon to be ex.

I hope that this answers your question; if so, please click the green Accept button. Thanks very much and I wish you the best here.