RayAnswers
RayAnswers, Lawyer
Experience:  30 years as a family law lawyer .
8534270

I submitted my summer parenting request on 3/31 (had to by

I submitted my summer parenting request on 3/31 (had to by 4/1/09 by IN guidelines). On 4/2 she e-mails "Evan will need to attend mandatory summer school near the end of summer" and I'll have to take them. I live 40 min away and sch is every Tue/Thur morn.

I replied that day "You hadn't told me anything about the possibility of Evan needing to take summer sch until today, so that may need to change the interval that I would have the kids this summer."

After connecting w/ Principal, I e-mailed my revised request on 4/23 which had 35 overnights for me (higher # XXXXX first request).

a) She wants to go with my 3/31 request, rather than my 4/23 request. Do I have a legitimate case that I didn't know about summer sch, so my request on 4/23 should be taken as my official request, even though sent after the 4/1 deadline? Does she need to honor my 4/23 request?

b) If my 4/23 request could stand up in court, can my specifics of them every Mon & Tues night with no weekends inbetween?
Thanks for your question. I would argue that yes she needs to do so here. You amended as soon as you knew there was a problem. No delay on your part that I see,

And as far as part two sure you can argue this. You are entitled to visitation and you are trying to work with the problems that developed late here. I think you are responding reasonably and are attemptin g in good faith to present a realistic plan in the matter ..

Thank you and please click accept so that I may be paid for my answer to you. Thank you for using Just Answer.

Legal Disclaimer: The information given by me is for informational/research use only and you are paying me only for such information. The information contained herewith is not legal advice and by rendering such information there is no formation of an attorney-client relationship. I also do not claim to be licensed to practice in the state where this information is being provided. I strive to provide quality information, but I make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained in or linked herein and it's associated sites. As law is always changing, you are advised to speak with legal counsel for accurate information.