Jack R.
Jack R., Family Law Attorney
Experience:  OH/TX Mediator and Attorney dealing with Family, Child, and Divorce Law

I live in California. Was divorced in Georgia. Kid live with

I live in California. Was divorced in Georgia. Kid live with mom in Georgia. Divorce papers say I shall have them when they are on vacation from school. At this time I only have them in the summer and only for 1 month, due to son continually failing school. Mom is on unemployment and can't seem to find the time to do homework. I want to have custody of him he is 13 years old. What are my rights?
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Jack R. replied 7 years ago.

You can file for a modification of custody. You need do this in Georgia, The child can state a preference of where he wants to be . While not sufficient by itself a judge will considre the child's desire. You can also ask for greater visitation.

If you found this answer informative please press ACCEPT so I may get credit for my response.

This communication is not intended as legal advice. A local attorney should always be consulted for legal advice. No client/attorney relationship is intended or created by this communication.