hocuspocusme
hocuspocusme, USA Legal
Experience:  If you are satisfied, please press the accept button so I will be paid for my time and services.
12871787

I filed for a protection order against my x husband but lied

Customer Question

I filed for a protection order against my x husband but lied about him putting his hands on me. The judge granted me a temporary protection order and I have a hearing about it in a couple of weeks. I am having a crisis of concience and want to some how reverse what I have done. What are the ramafications of this.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  hocuspocusme replied 7 years ago.
Do not tell the judge that you have lied about him putting his hands on you because you can be found in contempt of court. What you should do at the hearing is tell the judge that you have had a change of heart and your ex has not bothered you since the temporary injunction and you would like for the judge not to issue a permanent injunction. You would like to give your ex another chance.