legaleagle
legaleagle, Lawyer
Experience:  Practicing attorney for 10 years
4622441

I am a grandmother of 2 grandchildren who reside in Texas with

I am a grandmother of 2 grandchildren who reside in Texas with their parents...the father is my son and for the past 3 years has nothing to do with me and I have no contact with my grandchildren..What rights do I have being in another state (Pennsylvania) and they being in (Texas). I would love to be able to communicate with them etc. do I have any rights?
You would have to sue for grandparent visitation rights in Texas but it is very difficult to win such a case when the parents are married and are not found unfit and you have no relationship or bond with the children to protect to get a court to force your son to allow you to visit.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Thanks for your help and I am sure in a pickle I see with this situation...makes you wonder sometimes how lives end up...again thanks for your help.