hocuspocusme
hocuspocusme, USA Legal
Experience:  If you are satisfied, please press the accept button so I will be paid for my time and services.
12871787

I have 2 children, my ex lives in TX and I live in WA. She

I have 2 children, my ex lives in TX and I live in WA. She does not comply with the visitation schedule, I have seen them 3 times in 9 years. I make less money now than I did at the time of the divorce and feel I should have to pay less for the above mentioned reasons. In the divorce it is stated that I am 100% resonsible for ALL of the childrens financial needs; child supprt, medical insurance, braces, glasses....the list grows and grows. She has never worked a day in her life and lives with her parents! What can I do to get this lowered and make her financially responsible for them as well. HELP! I am remarried and this is really affecting our family.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  hocuspocusme replied 5 years ago.
I do hope that every payment you have made to her can be traced and you did not pay her cash. It is alright that you have paid it to her as long as you keep in contact with the Attorney General to show them that you have paid directly to her at 'her' request.

What you can do is file a MOTION TO HAVE CHILD SUPPORT AMENDED
The new child support will be calculated on your wages from your last two years of W-2's and current pay stubs plus (if she does not work) they will allocate her a salary of at least minimum wage.

You can also file a MOTION FOR CONTEMPT OF COURT on her for alienation of your visitation rights and in that same motion ask for more visitation rights.
hocuspocusme, USA Legal
Experience: If you are satisfied, please press the accept button so I will be paid for my time and services.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Yes all records have been kept except for the first 2 years we were divorced. She is claiming I never sent her a penny, I did, but have no recipts. Can they go back that far and make me pay her? Also, she keeps saying that since she went out and received medicaid that I will have to pay the state back for that as well? I have furnished insurance for them, but since they are out of state the coverage wasn't much AND the insurance co. wasn't too her "liking". Do I even stand a chance?