legaleagle, Lawyer
Experience:  Practicing attorney for 10 years

Is there any time frame on receving alimony. Ive been separated

Is there any time frame on receving alimony. I've been separated for the last 8 yrs and now and have been relying on my parents for support and now he has filed for a divorce, we were married for 18 yrs.
You can still ask for alimony now that you are getting divorced.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
So there wouldn't be a specific time frame on that? and also am I entitle to some of his retirement and if so how much
No there is no time frame. You are entitled to a share of the retirement fund that he accrued while you were married. Usually it is half and payable when he does retire.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
would you be able to referr me to a legal service place or a lawyer that could help me with these matters This link is to free legal aid in CA. San Fernando is not specifically listed but maybe one of the centers is close to you even if not in the same town.